No child wants to and enjoys being sick! Letting them understand how germs may enter into their bodies and how they can wash them away is a must in today’s scenario. Kids must understand the logic behind keeping our hands clean. The best way is to tell them stories and relate them to their real life. Let’s take a look at and remember these points to help your kids stay safe and healthy.
- Keep reminding and reinforcing the correct way to wash hands with soap and water.
- Effective hand washing means to scrub hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and then rinsing. Ask your kids to sing ABC start from scrubbing and rinse your hands after finishing.
- Washing hands is a must after bathroom use, before eating, after coughing, sneezing, or nose-blowing in particular.
- Use of hand sanitizer, gel or sanitizing wipes is an alternative to clean hands.
- Remember to check for the alcohol consistency in hand sanitizers which must be more than 60% to be effective.
- Sanitizing wipes are more effective as the combination of alcohol gel with the friction of wipes can kill 99.99% of germs.
- Sprays are also more effective than gels as they absorb faster and are easier and safer to apply to kids.
Research shows that kids are prone to suffer from the side effects of alcohol-based hand sanitizers. Certain points to be noted and taken care of by adults for a safer use are as follows.
- Use only a dime-sized amount of hand sanitizers and rub hands together until completely dry.
- Hand sanitizers must be kept out of reach of pets and children as its fragrance and bright color may attract them.
- Make sure that children keep hand sanitizer far away from their mouth. Ingesting even a small amount of it can cause alcohol poisoning in children.
- Immediately consult a doctor or a drug poisoning center if you suspect your child has ingested hand sanitizer; better not wait for any symptoms to develop.
- Instruct your children strictly not to rub their eyes when their hands are wet with sanitizer.
- No need to be concerned if your children eat with their hands or lick their hands after the hand sanitizer has dried away.
Many hand sanitizer suppliers in UAE manufacture child safe bottles of hand sanitizers and several other items like perfume oils in Dubai and in many other countries to help protect, support and treat your families throughout the year.